Hello

Welcome to Yet Another Cooking Blog.

As you may have guessed, this is a blog about cooking - in particular my cooking. It has been mentioned to me several times that I seem a little obsessed with food, so I have decided to blog about my menus, my successes, my failures and anything else that springs to mind

Sunday 1 April 2012

Apricot and almond clafoutis

This was a bit of a store cupboard dessert as a treat on a saturday night.  I had recently been given a book called Gregg's favourite puddings which had a recipe for cherry clafoutis in it.  The batter mix below is taken from that recipe, but I didn't have any cherries, so took another combination that I love.

I hope you enjoy it.


Ingredients


75g plain flour
25g caster sugar
225ml milk
Few drops vanilla extract
Approx 1/2 tin of apricot halves (fresh would be lovely when in season)
Toasted almond slivers to sprinkle
Icing sugar for dusting
Butter to grease the pan

Double or whipped cream to serve

2 or 3 pint pie dish or cake tin (I used a deap frying pan as it was just the right size


Preheat the oven to 200 degree C

1.  Mix together the flour, caster sugar, milk and vanilla extract to make a pancake batter

2.  Grease your dish and warm slightly in the oven

3.  Once warmed, take the dish out, lay the apricots in and pour the batter over the top to cover the apricots.

4.  Sprinkle over the toasted almonds and put into the oven for approx 30 minutes (until puffed up and cooked through)

5.  Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve immediately


No comments:

Post a Comment